Sunday, January 29, 2012

Homecoming Week

I’ve had a bittersweet weekend.  One of my aunts who has been very involved in my life, especially when I was a child and young adult, passed away this week.  I’ve spent a lot of time this weekend at her and my uncle’s beautiful ranch in the Flint Hills.  It’s been great to be at the ranch and spend time with family.  I will be going back to Eldorado as soon as school is out on Monday and be gone on Tuesday to attend the funeral. 

On Monday Sue and I will attend the Pratt County Spelling Bee along with all of the finalist from Skyline.  Please have the students meet me in the lobby at 8:40 so they can check in with me and get on the bus.   On Monday we will be welcoming Harmony Harts, our new middle school teacher.  She will be here to take care of paper work and get acquainted and will start teaching very soon after.  Also on Monday, keep Marcia in your thoughts and prayers, as she will be undergoing back surgery. 

Wednesday, all of K-6 will start the day with the Chinese Acrobats.  This should be a very fun and captivating assembly.  We will load the busses at 8:20 and hope to be back at school about 10:00.  Most of you will end the day with the faculty meeting, but the lucky few will have a PDC meeting following that.  The faculty meeting might look a little different that it has in the past.  We are going to watch a video and spend some time talking about it and we’ll be hearing what Bjorn and Carrie learned about the Common Core at recent workshops.  If you have things that you would like to have addressed at the faculty meeting please let me know by the end of the day on Monday.  

On Thursday be sure and tell Denise "Happy Ground Hog Day", if I remember right it's one of her favorite special days!

Friday is the Career Fair for students in grades 7 – 12 and the Winter Homecoming Assembly.  You will probably see lots of extra activity and people around the building throughout the day.  I love having our graduates back, it amazes me how fast the time has flown by between the days when they were little people sitting in the chairs in your classrooms to now when they are doctors, lawyers, teachers, etc.

I’m already excited to write next week’s blog post, by then I bet we will have had an addition to the Skyline family, Marcia will be on the mend and I’ll only own one home, there’s so much to look forward to!

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful post Becca.....It does sound like a busy but great week!

    ReplyDelete