Sunday, January 22, 2012

Happy Birthday Kansas!


I hope all of you had a good weekend!  We kept it pretty simple this weekend at our house between Skyline (and Attica) boys basketball, trudging along with our remodeling project and of course there was a lot of NFL in my living room on Sunday.  In case you haven’t heard – the Skyline boys’ basketball team won the 54 Classic! 
   
I enjoyed the Spelling Bee this year more than I ever have.  A few days before I had been in a classroom where students were learning the “ch” sound and another room where they were learning some of the rules for changing singular to plural.  The Spelling Bee was a neat opportunity to see some older students put all that sort of information together and do some amazing spelling! 

It looks like the calendar events for this week for K-6 will be Kansas Day Activities on Friday and Ruth Ann’s class having their read-a-thon on Thursday.  If your class has any activities going on Friday for Kansas Day would you please post it here so we will know what each other is doing.  This would also allow me to possibly stop by and see any special activities your class has going on.    

I’m sorry I had to miss the K-2 Principal’s Club lunch last week; I would like to schedule that for this Wednesday unless that creates a conflict with something else.  If you see a conflict let me know, otherwise we’re on.  On Friday at the 3/4 Principal's club we had great entertainment watching Mr. Neifert and Mr. Nation shoot baskets from half-court with their backs to the basket!   And the crowd roared when Mr. Neifert made it!  Not quite the Globetrotters, but it was sure exciting!  

I do hope you have a great week, I know your students will!  I just started reading a new book, Leaders of Learning.  The authors begin the book by pointing out that no generation of educators in the history of the United States has ever been asked to do so much for so many.  I know that you are feeling that challenge everyday in your classrooms.  The more time I get to spend in our classrooms and in conversations with you,  the more blessed I feel that we have a really, really awesome staff that is committed to the challenge for the sake of kids.  I have been so encouraged by some dramatic changes in students lives because you hung in there, determined that they could succeed.  THANKS for all you do!
Becca    

2 comments:

  1. The 5th & 6th PBL will spend Friday afternoon at Kansas Wildlife and Parks and Pratt Historical Museum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. K-1 will be doing some fun activities through the morning to celebrate the day.

    ReplyDelete